Friday, October 06, 2006

Welcome to my Blog!

Over the years, I developed a love for various crafts, I'm inspired to create new things every single day, unfortunately my time doesn't allow me to do that much, so i spend mytime browsing endless blogs for ideas that I might use once i have the time (I usually do this when I'm at work and need a break).

I used to crochet lace when i was in my teens, and did some sewing, mostly reconstruction. These days i mostly knit, because it's an easy craft to carry around, not too messy, doesn't need much space, and you can get instant gratification with small projects.

I can't speak of small projects without mentioning two knitting books that i have recently laid my hands on:


Weekend Knitting by Ericka McConnell and Melanie Falick

&



Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Anna Williams and Joelle Hoverson
I have been lusting over projects from both books since the moment i read about them in various blogs, I knitted the hourglass sweater for myself two weeks ago (a success), i'll be posting pictures of it soon.
I also knitted the mens' zip up sweater for my husband but it turned out to be small, he tried it on before I blocked it, so I'm going to block it and give the fitting another try. I'm not sure what I will do if the sweater still doesn't fit him! Any ideas are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home